Compassion House is a faith-based teen residential program for mothers ages 11 through 17 who are pregnant or have recently given birth within the last year. In addition to classes and helping to meet a mother's practical needs such as diapers, clothing etc., Some of the most therapeutic moments occur when cooking meals, enjoying dinner as a family, changing diapers, playing with babies, or playing games. Our amazing team works with each mother to provide an individualized growth program (IGP) that incorporates the mother's goals during her stay for education, career, and life objectives for herself and her child. We will help her meet those goals while providing her and her child with a private bedroom, a safe and nurturing environment, and educational opportunities.
At Compassion House you will receive all the help you and your baby need.
We offer a safe home and food and ensure you receive the proper prenatal care. Whether you choose to parent or are considering adoption, we offer a structured, secure, Christ-centered environment where you can learn and become a confident, independent woman. Our full-time staff, 24/7 on-site house moms, and fellow residents can help you understand you are not alone. Whatever your situation, Compassion House is here to help.
Compassion House firmly believes in allowing you to choose between parenting and adoption. We believe that while you are here working on plans for your future, God will give you the answers and lead you in the direction He has mapped out for your life and child.
Additionally, our young mothers receive access to:
- Educational and classes support
- Specialized classes
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Parenting Classes
- Recreational outings
- Labor Coach
- Aftercare Services
Because Compassion House serves youth who are working towards greater independence and responsibility, the application process is designed to move youth in that direction. This process helps determine the youth's commitment, motivation, and need for the program.
- Pregnant or parenting teens 11-17.
- Must not be under the jurisdiction of any foster care system.
- If under treatment by a psychiatrist or on medication at the time of inquiry, must be stable and actively engaged and remain in treatment during residency.
- Drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free.
- Able to prove if the applicant has a history of substance abuse, has a minimum of 30 days of documented sobriety, and is willing to participate in a celebrated recovery program.
- Participate in group and individual counseling.
- Have or will be willing to work towards a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability and willingness to be employed part-time after giving birth.
- Willingness to live in a community setting for 6 to 18 months with a least a six months postpartum stay.
- Agree to attend and participate in all workshops and classes in and outside of Compassion House.
- Willingness and ability to follow program structure.
- Agrees to case management services.
- Agrees to read and follow all resident and household guidelines.Complete daily chores and other assigned tasks.
- Complete a 7 and 30 day probation.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Adhere to curfew and outings policy.
- Treat all staff, residents, volunteers, etc., with dignity and respect.
- Protect the privacy of other residents.
- Compassion House does not tolerate threatening or violent behavior; this includes but is not limited to physical violence, emotional abuse, bullying, cyberbullying, or any other hateful conduct.
The First Step is to fill out the pre-screening application below.
After receiving a prospective resident's completed application, we will call you to explain the program in more detail. Before acceptance, to determine eligibility and compatibility for the program, we will schedule a time to meet with you in person or over Zoom.
There is no charge to live at Compassion House, but we do require a desire to learn, accept help, coaching, and support.
Are you ready to make a change and accept help?
If parenting does your child have a
I understand during the admission process I will have to give a urine sample.
Compassion House is not financially responsible for any resident under its care. Any bills received will be the responsibility of the residents guardian.
(Please answer honestly)